What is “highly enticing media”?Highly enticing media is:
- Colorful and relevant images (no cheesy stock photos!)
- Graphs, charts, and other ways to visually show statistics.
- Embedded content such as videos, tweets, or infographics.
Pro Tip on how to get people to read your blog:Awesome images get people to ready your content, but headlines get them to click on it in the first place. Make sure you’re also writing great headlines.
Where to find enticing mediaThere are a few places I go to find good media:
- YouTube for video content.
- Twitter (every Tweet is embed-able).
- Similar blogs in your niche (just be sure to give credit for the image).
- Google (again, give credit!)
- Free stock image sites (like Unsplash or Stocksnap.io)
How to create your own media
Canva created an easy-to-follow video to learn their platform in just three minutes.Once you understand the basics, the hard part is figuring out what to create. Here’s one way: Take a statistic related to your post, then turn that into a quick little graph or image. It took me less than five minutes to create this: If you need more ideas on how to get people to read your blog and what to create for your post, you can also:
- Repurpose old how-to posts into infographics.
- Create a Tweet for the purpose of embedding it.
- Create a Slideshare.
- Record a video of yourself explaining your points more in-depth.
- Turn your blog into an audio-blog by reading it and embedding the audio file at the top of the post.
- Add a “Click to Tweet” as a break in your content. (You can do this with the ClicktoTweet plugin if you use WordPress.)
- Add images with quotes over-top them.