We’ve all been there. You need to get the next blog post out, but you’re flat out of blog topic ideas and feel like you’ve already written about everything you know.
Not to worry.
Sometimes it just takes a new angle on an old story to get that spark you need to get new content flowing. And before you know it, you’ve got a unique post that readers love.
In this post we’ve compiled 36 blog post themes you can apply to just about any topic and have an original post people will want to share.
Here’s how it works.
Choose your blog topic.
Let’s say you write about leadership. Start with a leadership topic your followers frequently ask about.
Let’s pick delegation.
Choose your blog theme.
Next, scan the list of 36 themes below and choose a writing angle you haven’t used before.
1. Reasons that most _________ fail
8. The biggest misconception about _________
29. A quick checklist that will save you _________
Write a rough headline.
Once you have the theme for the post, create a rough headline to give the post some direction.
Let’s go with:
- The reason most delegation fails (and how to avoid it).
- The biggest misconception new managers have about delegation.
- A quick checklist for your next delegation conversation.
Write your rough draft.
From here, have fun with this new angle to an old topic. You can start with a personal story or a story from a client of yours and then expand on the theme.
In short order, you’ll have a rough draft of a post with an interesting twist that will get your reader’s attention.
All of our most popular blog posts used these themes. Here are some examples:
Now, it’s over to you.
Here’s the complete list of 36 blog post themes:
- Reasons that most _________ fail
- Do’s and Don’t’s of _________
- One question that changed my _________
- My predictions for _________
- One purchase that chanced my life
- What most people don’t know about _________
- ## steps to becoming _________
- The biggest misconception about _________
- Why I _________ and you should as well
- Why I will never _________
- One goal we all need to have
- How one conversation changed _________
- How thinking different can get you _________
- The books that impacted me the most
- How _________ changed my thinking forever
- What success really means
- ## great examples of _________
- One daily routine that _________
- How to discover _________
- Why a survey can _________
- ## ways to discover your _________
- How to buy your next _________
- ## TED talks that changed my life
- How to read better and faster
Mistakes to avoid
- ## mistakes you want to avoid when _________
- The biggest mistake that taught me _________
- How to avoid _________
- How to know if you are _________
- A quick checklist that will save you _________
- What I learned from _________
- What I learned when I first _________
- My experience _________ and lessons learned
- What I discovered when I _________
- How to change from _________ to _________
- One habit that every one needs to _________
- Feeling stuck? ## ways to _________